Monday, August 15, 2011

Twas the night before movers...

I've composed a little something for you... 

Twas the night before the movers, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even the Scout.
The candles were stowed in ziplocs with care,

In hopes the 100 degree heat would not soon would be there.


The small appliances were nestled all snug in their original places,

While visions of gentle-movers danced in their faces.

And mamma in her gym clothes, and I in my cap,

Had just settled our brains for a short, restless night's nap.


When out in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away from the air mattress I flew like a flash,

Tore open the door and threw up the switch.

The pendant light on the breast of the very dirty tile floors,

Gave the lustre of freshly shattered objects below.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature ketchup bottle, and eight tinny shatteers.



Clearly poetry was not my forte, I made up a word and had to stop...and I realized how long the "night before christmas" actually was---no way I could possibly change up the entire thing in a short amount of time!  I did take a few pics though. I am having flashbacks to when we moved in!

Temporary pillows made of couch pillows that we are getting rid of, shoved into pillow cases..tomorrow night, this will be an air matress

guest room..now not. 
office side of room 
Kitchen Nightmare
"stadium seating" in the living room, heck yeah! and no ones eyes are deceiving them- that is a car topper in the living room
I'm not handing out "moving tips" here, but I will say this is my latest idea for moving the silverware.  Last time, I just dumped them into a giant ziploc.  This time, I wrapped the divider in the press in seal stuff, put in a ziploc and then taped it.  I would like to see a thieving mover try to stuff that in his pocket!  (someone stole our silverware when we moved from FL)
Oh, and how could I forget...the part of my poem about the broken ketchup bottle. True..though i was not in bed when this happened.  It fell between the fridge and counter. How in the world am I going to clean this up?? 
nearly a literal rock and hard place





5 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!! I thought the shattering sound was going to be Fiesta, glad it was just ketchup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the time is already here for your stuff to be shipped! Good luck!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old sock + yardstick = great mop for tight corners I can't clean between the sink and the tub in my bathroom any other way lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ended up using a yardstick and a papertowel, though, after the movers leave, I am going to pull the fridge out to really clean it up.

    ReplyDelete