Monday, December 12, 2011

Plant loves Sun

Before living here, I didn't own a single houseplant. Ever (that I can recall--aside from the occasional herb that rested on the kitchen counter for a bit while waiting to die. And my Chia Pet).   But houseplants seem to be a way of life here and so I too now own several houseplants.  I don't know what kind of plant this is but the funny thing about this plant is that its long 'tendrils' ( I don't know plant anatomy) stand up and face the sun, when the sun is out.  It makes me laugh--it's just so desperate for sun-love!  Anyway.
Onto the newest houseplant, or house tree :)

It sits in the only south-facing window in the whole house.  I wonder if it will survive...I wonder if any of my house-plants will survive..


Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Haha - Michael is filling our house with plants as well ;) Unfortunately we have nothing as interesting as your sun-loving plant. Do let us know when you figure out what it is!
    And as to the tangerine plant (I guess?). Having grown up with oranges, lemons and tangerines in the garden I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete