Monday, July 11, 2011

ER and House...not just TV shows.

Yesterday, I spent a good portion of my day going through my side of the closet sorting through all of my clothes, including my dresser drawers and 'mini' dressers in the closet.  I have a difficult time parting with some items of clothing that should have left my closet a long time ago...but the longer they stay, the more sentimental they become to me! It's a vicious cycle I tell you. 

So the last time at the computer (friday), I fully intended on finishing that blog post, but it didn't happen. But what did happen, I will tell you...


I did finish my cleaning my side of the closet and did eliminate many pieces of 'sentimental' clothing.  
Before
After
No, I didn't just pick up the stuff on the floor and close the drawers...I also moved the purples to live by the blues--where they should have been all along.  And I created this huge pile for goodwill.
no, scout is not going to goodwill
On Friday, I purchased the largest umbrella that I have ever owned...since a certain someone smuggled 2  of our umbrellas back to TX...intentionally or unintentionally..I cannot be sure since she hasn't showed her face around here since then :)  Actually, Ed has been wanting a large umbrella for sometime and it was about to rain while I was without umbrella so I bought one!  I only mention this incident because it's a good segue into the next part of my weekend.  While out, with my new XL umbrella, I happen to notice what I thought was an ant bite on my knee...Maybe this is TMI but I will try to make it as appropriate as possible. 
In college, I had a staph infection on my leg.  I have no idea where it came from, but considering staph can be picked up at gyms, from towels, shared clothing... it's beside the point.  The point is that I never forgot what it felt or looked like. I have been hyper-aware of all bumps, bug bites, scratches and I clean gym equipment obsessively and never share towels ( I didn't share towels before but have not started to since then)..I woke up in the middle of the night and my 'ant-bite' felt and looked just like my previous encounter with staph--though much smaller since I had ignored my first staph infection for several days before realizing that I needed to see a doctor.  Long story short, flight medicine told me to go to the ER to have this possible infection inspected.   Yes, the ER.  Thankfully, it was a slow day at the Andrews AFB ER or I would have felt really bad for taking the doctor's attention away from someone else's real emergency.  Needless to say, I was in the ER on saturday afternoon with what turned out to be...not staph...and nothing serious. My word to describe this incident: embarrassing.

if you look closely at my right knee..with a magnifying glass...
you can see my cause for alarm
The last part of our weekend was spent shuffling things around from our apartment to storage unit.  Some things in storage are going to Denmark but other things in the apartment will stay in permanent storage. This is a huge pain in the...knee, but has to be done before the movers arrive in a month.  It could be done at a later time except that the mouse car (yes, this is what we call our car.  Ed gave the car its name based on how I apparently drive...mousing in and out of traffic) is being shipped this week.  This week!  Sad for us to not have a car for a 1 1/2 months but happy since that means our time here is winding down..or wrapping up.  Also, as mentioned in my last post, we have most likely found a house. The house that we will hopefully be getting is not same one that I had mentioned before but is in a town closer to the base, so better for Ed.  We have told the owner we want to rent and are just waiting for the lease to be translated and sent to us.  
It's near a forrest and in a quiet neighborhood but still in a city.
Outside

Kitchen a.k.a køkken...my favorite room in any house
So, to celebrate, we went out to dinner. I only mention this because I took this picture of Ed and it's so funny!
what's the old saying..about one's eyes being bigger than one's stomach...
At this pizza place, you can order a slice or an 18 inch pizza.  There's no middle ground.  And in case you're curious, we did not eat the whole thing :)  
Happy Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Yay for finding a house! and that pizza looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for moving steps getting into place!!! Boo for not having a car for 1.5 months! I know that my last month in England without a car, living in the middle of nowhere, was well...interesting, but in the big city, I hope you'll do great!

    Love Ed's eyes and the house (AND THE HUGE KITCHEN!!!!!!!), look great! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Okay, I will bring back your umbrellas ASAP. We didn't need them afterall because it hasn't rained here!

    ReplyDelete