Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1! Where did the time go??

Since I haven't written in a few days, I thought I would take a moment to catch up...before my guests arrive.  On Wednesday, I met up with an old friend from college who is visiting DC this week.  Yesterday, I went grocery shopping ((which reminds me...if I bring an insulated, reusable grocery bag to the store, wouldn't that mean I would like for my cold things to be put into that insulated bag?? That's why it's insulated!!  I don't need to keep my chips cool!  This is the reason I like, no love, anywhere where I can ring and bag everything, myself)) for my big weekend with Amy and Natalie, then met up with Sara one last time before she moves to a different apartment here in DC. 
 Today, Scout and I buzzed over to the vet for his annual 'physical'. The 3 minute exam where the vet petted scout, rubbed under his belly, looked in his ears..was $89! That didn't include any vaccinations, tests, heartgard....that was just the exam!  I think, if I could go back to school to pick a career where I would make a lot of money, I would become a vet.  There's no insurance companies to wrangle with, no co-pays, just cold, hard cash...or debit/credit. What happens if someone cannot pay?  Does the vet's office keep the dog...hold him hostage until they are paid?  Surely not, but I am curious... 
Scout, in his young, wild boating days.

Ed's orders should be arriving any day now, which will begin a series of events to include shipping the car, shipping household goods, Ed taking his danish test and then shipping scout and I off to Texas while  Ed goes in search of suitable housing for us in DK. It's going to be a busy 2 months! 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment