Tuesday, June 14, 2011

freedom is not free

It has cooled off a bit here so Ed and I took our bikes to school today.  We live near Arlington National Cemetery and bike past it every day to go to class. Today was the first day that we have passed by a funeral in progress.  It was a sobering reminder that every day, brave soldiers from all branches of the military put their lives on the line to defend the freedom we yet enjoy in America.  
To be honest, I try not to think about the fact that soldiers die almost every day in Iraq and Afghanistan.  It is too easy to let my mind wander to 'what-if's'...not just for my own husband, but for many of my friend's husbands. And not just for them, but for all the military moms, sisters, wives, dads and brothers out there. 
However, I am truly grateful to all of our service members(and families), past and present.  Because every day should be veterans & memorial day: Thank You.

Air Force Memorial
Marine Corp Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment